>

Sunday, January 07, 2018

Spaghetti Squash for dinner!

I have a couple of squashes out in the garage, waiting patiently for me to get around to dreaming up a new way to cook them up. Among them are a couple of spaghetti squashes. Since I haven't played with them much, I went out to the internet for ideas.

When deciding on a recipe, I first have to go exploring in the fridge and pantry to see what's available. Today was a leftover rotisserie chicken, peppers, onions, crookneck squash and a few other dribs and drabs of goodies in the fridge. With that in mind, I went exploring and found one that sounded really interesting. BBQ Chicken and Spaghetti Squash looked just like what the doctor ordered. So.....I followed the recipe fairly closely, bumping up the onion to 1/2 of one, and cranked up the cheese with a jack and cheddar blend doing the duty. All in all, I'd say this is a keeper.Not as beautiful as the pictures on the website, but damn tasty none the less

BBQ chicken spaghetti squash


as always, if you try this recipe, or it inspires you to try something different, please let me know how it turned out. i'm always looking for fresh and clever ideas to improve my own cooking skills and recipes.
for a complete list of my online recipes, follow the link here

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home