my recipe blog entries
so here goes, in chronological order:
please note that i am a verbose and pithy poster, so if you are here to find grub recipes, you'll have to put up with my ramblings to get to them.
- What's in the pantry frittata
- grilled chicken/cheese/prosciutto (umm, would that be a grilled saltimbocca?)
- killer korean style marinade for beef and chicken bbq. this stuff is really really good on short ribs grilled over mesquite. really really good
- hawiian huli-huli chicken fix chicken this way, and you may never eat bbq chicken with traditional tomato based bbq sauce ever again.
- roasted pumpkin soup
- the best home made popcorn i've ever eaten
- killer kale soup
- roasted pumpkin seeds
- quick, easy, and damned tasty delicata squash
- the very very best oatmeal cookies ever from "America's Test Kitchen. tested and approved by friends and family
- smoking a turkey tips and techniques, including brining and marinading
- frying a turkey techniques, and injected marinade recipe
- spanish donuts, stolen from my mom-in-law Mamasita
- roasted butternut squash soup with cumin and coriander
- quick and easy hot buttered rum batter
- corned beef salad spread. it's a whole lot better than that description sounds.
- bacalao fritters. these are so good, it should be illegal to make unless you make enough to get sated. one or two, uh-uh, not enough
- sweet onion kielbasa
- thai chicken with basil and a complimentary first aid tip!
- snacks, and why frozen berries are better than ice cream
- an International Eat an Animal for PeTA grill including marinade for beef, dry rub for lamb, and grilling veggies and spuds
- chicken stir fry
- pecan stuffed dates, wrapped in bacon a killer appetizer for parties
- broccoli salad my favorite salad, period
- a strange one beer roasted cat not for the squeamish
- bbq'd and smoked ribs ribs ribs ribs
- ham and bean soup
- fava beans and linguica one of my very favorite spring crop recipes.
- bbq pork tenderloin, and my sooperdoooper secret bbq sauce
- veggie stir fry
- a quick and easy romaine and chicken salad
- a fast and easy pasta primavera
- a grilled asparagus and salmon "salad"
- Peaches, Port, and Ice Cream, a superb dessert
- smoked salmon, and grilled meats oh my!
- Chicken Alice's korean style hot wings
- Oven roasted rosemary garlic cornish game hens
- Spanish anise Montacoa Cookies
- a one dish meal! yummy chicken, spanish olives, and saffron yellow rice
- a damned tasty dried apricot pie
- an easy and very tasty paella even a beginner can make this dish and have it come out spectacular
- tasty and easy black bean soup with linguicia
- Paella for 8 on the grill
- smooth and creamy arborio rice pudding
- two springerle cookie recipes here #1 and here #2
- a quick and flavorful lentil soup
- thumbprint and chocolate snowflake cookies TRADITION!
- Baked Potato Soup
- variations on paella apple and chicken sausage with no seafood component. pretty good if i do say so myself!
- Turkey and veggie soup and instructions on how to make a great turkey stock
- our Christmas BBQ Pork Tenderloin. this was really good, and i'll be making it again and again
- Spicy curry noodle soup and this is now one of my favorite soups.
- Quick Corned Beef and Cabbage
- cheese and almond pinecone cheese ball
- Broccoli and Cheese Soup. oh man, was this good.
- Smoked Rainbow Trout
- fast and easy pasta dinner
- a really good carrot soup inspired by carrot raisin salad
as always, if you try this recipe, or it inspires you to try something different, please let me know how it turned out. i'm always looking for fresh and clever ideas to improve my own cooking skills and recipes.
for a complete list of my online recipes, follow the link here
so there they are. all kitchen tested, and approved by bothenook. not a loser in the bunch, if i do say so myself.
if you find this helpful, and you actually use one of these recipes, please let me know how it turned out. i also like to hear about variations. people are so clever, and have ideas about food that i wouldn't ever dream of in a million years.