>

Friday, July 30, 2004

another one of those darned talented folks

so here is an image by my amiga Ali. this works on so many different levels that i probably won't do it justice. but let me play art/photo critic for a moment, if you please. actually, you have no choice, since it's MY blog.



i met this nice lady in a different web world, one centered around music, and the use of the cd signifies the importance of music. of course, she probably just saw a clear plastic disk and thought it would make a cool picture, but i'll repeat... it's MY blog. so it's symbolic of music, but note it's a clear/blank piece of plastic. symbolizing music yet to come?
the eye, cd hole, and reflected camera image is amazing. is she using the camera to subsititue for her eye, so that we can see what she sees? and how does music fit into how she sees the world, and by extension, how we see the world through her eyes? blah blah blah. like i said, it's MY blog. and ali, i really like the stuff you put into your galleries.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

I really like her galleries, too. Truly inspiring stuff.

It makes me want to be that good.

7/30/04, 5:18 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Geez, nook, now how nice is that? [blushes] Thank you for the kind comments about me (and about Allan, too!). Interesting analysis of that photo. I won't tell you what I was thinking when I decided to take it. ;-) Thank you again. I'm glad you like my photos.

7/30/04, 10:56 PM  
Blogger bothenook said...

ali, of course you know that the majority of art appreciation is the interpretation by the viewer. and as i said, it's MY blog, i can write what i want! and besides, even though you may have had an entirely different thought process going on, i, bothenook the magnificent, correctly read the underlying motivations. how's that for self centered?

7/31/04, 12:15 AM  
Blogger Alison said...

LOL. I was merely thinking it might be cool to take a picture of myself looking through the hole of the CD. It came out much cooler than I expected, and I really like your interpretation of it.

7/31/04, 1:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home