>

Wednesday, May 11, 2005

fame is fleeting

wow. i have been busy like crazy this last week, and haven't had much time to blog. i did notice that for a brief, so brief period of time this last week that i actually made it to a flappy bird. didn't last long. now i'm back to my lowly slithering reptile rung in the N.Z. ecosystem. that's ok, i know that if i work hard, struggle with the occasional writers block, and post recipes and cat pictures, i'll once again break through the the next level. of course, that's the only way, because i've found my "profound utterances" to be something less than profound, and are merely hulls lost amongst the chaff of the blogosphere.

edit 5/13/05: i've taken allan's advice, and killed the ecosystem because of the load time lag it puts on my page.

as a side note, thanks for the links. you'se guys, you'se the best!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

Don't sweat it Bo. Those rankings are pretty much useless. All they really show are how many other bloggers link to you at any given time.

They say nothing about your readership.

It took me a while to realize that. I bounced all over the place on that thing. Then I realized that having the TTLB link on my sidebar was really slowing the loading of my blog down. That's when I dropped out of the rat (reptile, bird, marsupial, et al) race.

5/11/05, 5:50 PM  
Blogger bothenook said...

yeah, i know. that was a tongue in cheek entry. and you are right, it does slow things down. but... it gives me a chance to backtrack to see who's linked to me. and that has led me to some pretty cool blogs.

5/11/05, 7:07 PM  
Blogger Gus Van Horn said...

Hey!

Good to see that the geezer is still alive and kicking! And blogging, of course.

-- Gus

5/11/05, 8:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home