>

Monday, July 19, 2004

more info on the young arab marine

still following the story of the young marine that was at one time reported decapitated, but is now back at quantico in the hands of marines. i sure would like to know the story behind this whole mess, as would a lot of others, i am sure. i think what i find most facinating about this whole thing is : does marine training overcome religious training? too simple. does marine training overcome the potential conflicts that may arise from religious zealots? too complicated. anyway, i sure hope this kid has good council one way or the other. the navy and marine hierarchy have a tendancy to kill everyone associated with a problem, in the hopes of getting the right one. been there, done that, still have the stencilled t-shirts.

1 Comments:

Blogger Allan said...

This reminds me of a quote from the movie "Full Metal Jacket".

"I am so happy that I am alive, in one piece and short. I'm in a world of shit... yes. But I am alive. And I am not afraid."

7/19/04, 5:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home