>

Thursday, March 23, 2006

i found the pix of my qual card

these are pretty rough, since i scanned them in when i got my very first scanner, a loooong time ago. i'll have to find them and rescan if i can ever get my HP scanner to work with service pack 2. i'm not holding my breath.

anyway, here is my qual card from the SSN-575. i talked about what earning dolphins means in this post. notice the big gap in checkouts. let's see, there was a stint mess cooking at sea, qualifying engineroom lower level, and qualifying engineering lab tech, engineroom upper level, feed station, diesel operator, oh, and let's not forget the 4 months i couldn't get down to the boat after a conflict with a bunch of asphalt my Triumph Bonneville and i had.
cardfront
card2clickity click for full sized images

and here's my proudest day in the navy

you know, i was 5 years younger then than my youngest son is now. time sure flies.

2 Comments:

Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Ah the memories!

I see you folded yours into quarters also! Best way to carry it in the ol' back pocket when climbing ladders or scramblin' for chow.

3/24/06, 11:51 AM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Look how young you are!

3/24/06, 10:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home