>

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

a very cool picture

so any of my two readers geeks? photo phreeks? geek photophreeks?
i have a daily visit website that i visit without fail, assuming i am anywhere near my computer, and it's up and running that day.
where, pray tell, would that be, mr. bothenook?
why, the daily Astronomy Picture of the Day site hosted by NASA. today's picture is appropriate, since it's the summer solstice, the longest day of the year.

i'm linking the picture, because they don't provide thumbnails to use as links, and the picture is pretty big. so, here's a beautiful shot of the sunrise over stonehenge.

enjoy

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, thanks for the "welcome aboard", and I'm proud of being a "boomer puke" - 2nd generation bomer puke at that. Haaa! All the sea pay, half the sea time!

Funny thing, my last tour in the Navy, I was on the Groom Team in Groton - I was the only ST there who had NOT been on a fast boat. I called myself the "token boomer puke". We had a CO's dress inspection once, I was the only one wearing a boomer pin. Captain looked at me, grinned and said "brave man". Just the fact that I was on boomers used to piss the hell off some of the other guys. I used to tell them, "Hey, every job can't be glamorous like yours, but the most important jobs seldom are..."

Nuke, coner, missile weenie, O-ganger, pigboat sailor, fast attack guy, or boomer puke - whatever shape of people tank you rode in, it's way better than being a non-dolphin wearing, floating turd, target, lower-than-whale-shit "skimmer puke".

6/21/06, 6:46 PM  
Blogger Ted said...

Awsome! I think I need to check that site out - Thanks Brother

Sounds like sonarman has it right huh? Better go take a look there also.
The old Muser - Ted

6/22/06, 4:02 AM  
Blogger Distant Timbers Echo said...

Those are great pics there mano. The bees one is fantastic!

6/22/06, 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home