>

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

i am so bummmmmed

remember about 11 days ago now, i was crowing about a new addition to my target pistol line?
well, i picked it up yesterday after the manditory 10 day wait. they gave a free 1/2 hour of range time, but i didn't use it.
when i buy a new firearm, the first thing i do is take it home, dissassemble, clean, and relube it. that's just how it is. i won't shoot a new gun until it's been stripped and inspected, lubed and reassembled.
only problem is, i can't disassemble the damned thing. buck mark pistols, especially those of this line, have a top cover that is part of the receiver housing. it doubles as an optics base. cool. only problem is, it takes 3 screws to remove, and the middle one JUST WOULDN'T LOOSEN. i used Kroil penetrating oil, i used heat, i broke two allen head wrenches.
finally, i said screw it. it's in a box, and on it's way back to Browning so their wizards can disassemble the damned thing. i figured if i broke allen wrenches trying to loosen the screw, the next thing i did would be wrong. and expensive. so i'll let them figure it out.
i'm so bummed

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger loddfafnir said...

I'm sorry to hear that, I have such high regard for Browning products.
On a brighter note; while stumbling through the internet I discovered that my state gets an F+ in gun laws from the Brady camp. I've never been so proud to fail at anything! waiting period ... feh!

You'd like it up here...

1/19/07, 12:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope your new baby gets returned to you soon.

1/19/07, 2:07 PM  
Blogger Ceeb said...

This is the part I widh the UK would allow handguns.

I love shooting weapons of all types. I do have a new love with the M4. I cant wait to shoot that weapon again.

1/22/07, 12:36 PM  
Blogger Mr. Completely said...

If I remember correctly, the screws aren't all the same length, either, and if one bottoms in the hole, it can be tough to get it back out.

....... Mr. C.

1/23/07, 5:31 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home