>

Monday, January 28, 2008

Bummer. Stark evidence of aging

so i went to the pistol range for a little R&R, to shake off the doldrums caused by the almost unceasing yammering of politics. just me and my firearms there, no 24/7 talking heads, no political ads, nothing but me, the targets, the lights, and the hum of ventilation overhead.
so here's a target shot at 15 yards offhand. all three guns are sighted in at 25. nice and tight groups, 10 rounds each.
15 yards offhand
click for larger images


And then i ran a target out to 25 yards, and tried again. those nice tight groups no longer exist. my eyesite is the determining factor on group size. theoretically i should shoot groups a little less than twice as big, all other things being equal. the difference... eyesite and glasses that don't allow me to both focus on the sights and the target.
25 yards offhand
click for larger images

of course, i am not bitching. nope. the fact that i still have the freedom to load a couple of guns into a hard case and go shooting vastly overrides the paltry inconvenience of the signs of incipient dodderism and advanced geezerhood...

Labels: , , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

There are worse ways to find this out, Bo. I remember running into the trailer hitch of a pick up truck ahead of me at a stop light.
(he got out and only found damage to my vehicle, so he drove away).

First I had my brakes checked. Absolutel fine. That only left one thing.

1/29/08, 3:22 PM  
Blogger bothenook said...

it's those little clues...

1/29/08, 4:11 PM  
Blogger BumbleVee said...

wish I could have a gun (or two or three). Guess I'll have to stick to a bow... we live in Canada. ... sigh .....

1/29/08, 8:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home