>

Tuesday, July 06, 2004

uncivil behavior

here is a cut and paste from the command post blog (linked to the left):



It's clear to me that the policy of posting banned IPs and their comments in question may only be making things worse. I have turned off the comments in the prior post, and have turned off comments on all new posts across all other pages, until Michele and I can huddle and decide where to take this element of our site, including the feasibility of comment authentication through TypeKey.

Frankly, I've had it with the disrespectful and un-civil commentary ... from the left and the right. What's more, I believe it will only get less civil between now and the election (a depressing prospect indeed).

My father always has said: "If it feels good, do it. If it don't, stop." Our comments no longer feel good, and I no longer have fun reading them … primarily because I now read them to police them, not to learn something interesting, or to hear a compelling perspective from someone with a different point of view.

Didn't used to be this way, but now it is.

:

i guess i am not the only one experiencing this incivility, and past web paradises have become war zones full of uncivil people posting uncivil things. sad


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home