>

Monday, September 05, 2005

whine whine snivel snivel

with all of the catastrophic events happening in the world, it's almost unseemly to snivel, but i am going to any way. i did something to my back, don't know, can't remember, but it kicked me square in the midsection yesterday. i missed a great outing with friends on the water to watch a concert given downtown napa, from my buddy KW's boat. instead, i was at the hospital, getting some shot that put me in snooze land for about 4 hours yesterday afternoon. i don't know what the hell it was they gave me, but it didn't seem to have any affect what so ever for about an hour. i took the muscle relaxer they gave me, and i was sitting in the living room, whining about how much it was bothering me. poor wife. she gets to see me at my worst. anyway, i was alert and sniveling one minute, then figured i might lay down for a while to see if that helped. i don't remember anything after walking down the hallway to the bedroom. like i said, i don't remember what it was, but i like it. a lot. best 4 hour nap i've had in forever.
so today i'm walking around with a definite port list, babying the owie. i'll get better. i just wish it was now and not later.

one thing about being married to a nurse. her friends are all nurses. and we were going out with a couple of them last night before i bailed out. between the three of them i was triaged with everything running the gamut from a simple muscle pull, to kidney stones, to some thing much more dire. i love them, but sometimes they can scare the shit out of me. what the hell do i know? i'm just a nuke. they are nurses. sometimes i wish they didn't diagnose me before i get a chance to see the doc. i don't know anything, and they know too much. the bright side is that they care enough to be concerned, and that is one of the definitions of friend.

5 Comments:

Blogger Vigilis said...

Bo, sincerely hope this turns out to be nothing serious for you. All the best!

9/5/05, 7:02 PM  
Blogger WillyShake said...

Get better soon, shipmate ('cause your a load on the watchbill! *wink*).

And I feel your pain--I mean about having nurses in the family who scare the sh*t out of you!

9/6/05, 3:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bo,

Hope you are on the mend. I know too much for my own good. They are right, could be something simple to something serious. Glad you are getting it checked out.

Hop

9/6/05, 4:19 PM  
Blogger bhd said...

Poor baby! :hug: Take care of yourself and find the hell out what the medication is!

9/6/05, 6:19 PM  
Blogger Alison said...

Feel better soon. :)

9/7/05, 1:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home