>

Thursday, April 20, 2006

cold induced tourette's syndrome indeed

a serious hat tip to lubber's line for the following link. i laughed my ass off
the video link combines three of my major self described definitions of myself.

this thing is for serious science geeks. what could be more interesting than watching a video of ichthyologist at work?


this thing reminds me of my submarine days. not only the swearing part, but listening to divers swearing on helium. one of these days i'll explain that one. if you are in a hurry to figure out what the hell i'm talking about, read Blind Man's Bluff. we figured prominently in the book.


and thirdly, i'm a certified international open water diver. i've made decompression dives to as deep as 180 feet (won't ever do that one again. sigh). i think it would be a BLAST to do the kind of dives these guys in the video do. but i'd make sure i was a little better prepared for the cold!


this video is hilarious from the beginning. the name of the clip, with the disclaimers at the beginning set the stage for what's coming next.

check out the video. let me know what you think.

A Christmas Chill: An Encounter with Hypothermia-Induced Tourette Syndrome

1 Comments:

Blogger Lubber's Line said...

Bo, I’m not a diver but I do think I’m a science geek. I think most sub sailors are science geeks to some extent, well maybe not “A” gangers or QMs, but most.

The video made me laugh and brought back memories of those days in the Navy where the “F” word was used as a verb or adjective. Of course the whole swearing episode happens in what he calls ”Submarine Territory” close to 400 feet, couldn’t help but make the corollary.

4/20/06, 8:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home