>

Monday, September 19, 2005

this is too cool for words

i invite you to visit the national geographic wildcam. i've spent too damned long tonight just sitting here watching the goings on of a plethora of african critters around a waterhole, real time. i am amazed to my core. i found the site in an article by john carroll of the sf chronicle. the url he posts transfers you to the one i have linked above.
read the article, watch the web cam. be amazed.
hint, carroll states the best time to watch is at night here on the west coast. it's a little after 2200, and it's broad daylight on the plain in botswana. the world is getting smaller and smaller. i hope there's room for my not so small physique in a couple of years.

7 Comments:

Blogger edieraye said...

Very, very cool!

9/21/05, 1:51 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

Have I mentioned how much time I have spent watching this?!?

9/21/05, 9:38 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

I really need to go to bed but there are OSTRICH at Pete's Pond right now! How can I leave that?

9/21/05, 10:09 PM  
Blogger bothenook said...

it is mesmerizing isn't it? this mornings doings look like it's the birds vs. the big critters for water space. and having RP playing in the background works fine too, when they start playing world music. ain't technology great?

9/21/05, 10:49 PM  
Blogger bothenook said...

looks like the elephants win

9/21/05, 10:54 PM  
Blogger edieraye said...

I made my husband get out of bed to see the elephants but he missed the zebras! I HAVE to blog this. Thanks for the link (though I'm not sure that my to-do list thanks you). :)

9/22/05, 6:10 AM  
Blogger WillyShake said...

In the words of that classic movie, Space Balls, "we aint found sh**".

Translation: I've yet to see one stinking critter! Maybe I need to be a little more quiet?

9/22/05, 7:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home