>

Thursday, February 08, 2007

life's hard lessons

for most of us, life has dealt us at least a couple of hard lessons. do this, this happens,and it's not good. there are a few annointed ones that have yet to experience this, but they are few and far between.
as we age, our lessons tend to become harder, and extract a heavy price for the newfound knowledge. but the lessons begin young.
we were talking about this, and the question came up: "What is the first hard lesson you remember?"
one of my coworkers: "Never use tweezers to get something out of a light socket"
mine: "Don't lick the goodies off of can lids". i imagine that if we were using tongue prints rather than finger prints, my distinguishing characteristic would be a scar line across my tongue.
how about you?

edit: another from a coworker: "Staple guns do not have to be pressed against something to get them to fire a staple. And 2 inches away isn't far enough to NOT stick"

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger WillyShake said...

Ouch! That HAD to hurt!

Anyway, I guess mine would be: "don't put pennies into light sockets". LOL. Amazingly, I didn't get shocked, start a fire, or anything--but boy was I in trouble! ha!

I suppose that this was my first electrical safety tagout & maintenance. I had to assist my dad as he went to the circuit box, studied the diagram, opened the relevant breaker and then removed the socket from the wall and extracted the penny. Painful process, but a steep learning curve!

2/8/07, 11:51 AM  
Blogger Cookie..... said...

Yupper...this old boy's lesson was "Don't piss on electric fences"...

2/8/07, 12:18 PM  
Blogger Subvet said...

Mine was,"No matter how late you are, always zip up your pants slowly."

2/8/07, 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home