>

Wednesday, February 21, 2007

a killer audience

i'm baaaaack. i took a little hiatus from the computer, ignoring the entire blogosphere for a while, as well as most of my usual haunts. too damned much time on the keyboards at work, so the thought of sitting in front of a computer on my off time was just too tough to handle. it's ok, we all need those breaks. so if you've been posting and commenting on things i probably am interested in, i'll find it. it's just going to take a little time to get back up to speed.
anyway, for my return post, i thought i'd share a little tidbit from the bbc. seems that it's as poor a carreer choice to become a clown as it is to be an honest politician or honest cop in Columbia.
here's a snip from the above link:
"One clown was shot in the head as he performed on stage, about an hour into the Circo del Sol's evening show." and
"The second, named as 18-year-old Franklin Leal, from Cucuta, was then shot as he stood by the ticket booth" and
"Last year, a prominent circus clown, known as Pepe, was also shot dead by a unknown assailant"

my kids grew up afraid of clowns. don't know why, but it probably had something to do with that steven king movie IT that my ex let them watch when i was working swingshift. but i don't see them capping clowns. maybe the drug enforcement folks down in Columbia have cleverly, or now, not so cleverly, disguised their agents as clowns. hey, who doesn't trust clowns? besides my kids, that is?

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger loddfafnir said...

"Funny how? I mean, funny like I'm a clown? ..."

2/21/07, 11:01 AM  
Blogger bothenook said...

Joe Pesci in Good Fellas. great movie. thanks for the brain nudge.

2/21/07, 1:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've always found clowns to be scary.

But I don't go around capping them.


I use poison.

;)

2/21/07, 3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home